New beginnings

There was no sunshine or moonlight. I am certain there were no stars. I could hear sounds, but it seems far away. It was always dark, and I wanted to leave every day but at the end of the day I find myself exactly where I started.

Today I decided to run. I kept running till I reached a dead-end, previously I would have turned back but today, I decided to hit the surface that always prevented me from going further. I thought it was a hard wall and I would get injured but surprisingly it was a wooden door and I broke it down.

For the first in a very long time, I watched the sunset, the moon glow and the stars glittering. Today is my new beginning, the day I decided to break the top of every tunnel so that whether it is sunny, the moon is out, or the stars are shining I can always find my new beginning.

@asakeokin

___________________________________________

This post was inspired by the @africanwriters February challenge - day 9 title is New beginnings.

Thanks to Lerato (blvbookclub) for editing this post

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BILQEES

This journey!

A bold step?